Benefits using eTIR
The benefits from the use of the electronic TIR procedure, the eTIR international system, are multiple for all the stakeholders...
Ready to join?
Is your Customs Authority ready to join the eTIR International system?
Then contact the TIR secretariat to start the interconnection project.
Benefits using eTIR
The eTIR system offers benefits to all actors involved in the TIR system.
First, it brings additional security and risk management opportunities, thus reducing the risk of fraud.
Second, advanced international cooperation will allow all actors to significantly reduce their administrative burden and to maximize the benefits of integrated supply chain management.
Finally, the provision of advance cargo information and the exchange of information in real-time will speed up the TIR procedure.
eTIR Objectives and Advantages
- More accuracy with goods delivery times
- Possibility to put goods on the market more quickly and generate
- Makes TIR more attractive and eases its management
- No physical stocks of TIR guarantees required reduction of related costs
- Possibility to log TIR transports in real time further reducing possible risks
- More flexibility related to work with TIR and possibility to obtain TIR electronic guarantees outside of office working hours
- Reduced border waiting times
- Reduced time related to TIR handling
- No need to go to the association to obtain TIR guarantee
- No need to fill in TIR guarantee manually
- Possibility to log TIR transport in real time
- Reduced administrative burden in the absence of paperwork more time to focus on high risk consignments
- Enhanced security and reduced risk of fraud identical information available at all customs en route electronically
- Streamlining TIR procedures at border crossing points Modernised customs procedures
- Generating more revenues by further trade facilitation
This document describes the I1 - Accept guarantee request message, and the I2 - Acceptance results response message of the eTIR international system web services.